How to install Ubuntu & Windows 10 dual OS system in Surface book
There are many tutorials on how to install Ubuntu & Windows 10 systems. But when setup in surface book, there is a difficulty to be solved, i.e. Ubuntu cannot identify surface keyboard. Thus, we cannot click continue to install because it needs keyboard to input account, password and setup WIFI.
Step-by-step to install following:
- Ubunbu 20.04 in USB (google to find how to prepare a startup Ubuntu USB)
- Bluetooth keyboard & bluetooth mouse
- Disable bitlock in Windows 10
- Enter BIOS to turn off UEFI
- Insert Ubuntu USB, and start up surface. Following the instruction, click continue until you see options: Try Ubuntu, or Install.
- Careful: must choose Try Ubuntu. Then you will enter Ubuntu system for try. In Try Version, connect bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse. After successfully connecting, you can use bluetooth keyboard & mouse for input
- In Try Ubuntu, click install. Then following instruction to install. Now you can setup WIFI, account and password